Sunday, February 15, 2009

God never ceases to amaze me

God never ceases to amaze me and show me awesome opportunities to serve him here. Even though I have my regular schedule in the day, which I can so often just go through the motions of the day and let the days pass me by. But when I really sit down and think about the week and what God has done in that week it blows me away. Just the compassion I see the people at the Salvation Army have for the people of Monessen and wanting to help them in any way they can, I hope that I can learn something from them and take that with me.

I also got the opportunity to spend some more time with the Jungs, the Captains at the Salvation Army, this week and get to know them on a more personal level. It has been great hanging out with them. They have really welcomed me in and made me feel so welcome. Just last night I got to spend the night with some of the youth that go to church at the Salvation Army and it was such a blast being able to hang out and get to know them more and really poor into them and see what God is doing in their lives.
Also looking back at the relationships I have made, I know it is going to be so hard to leave here and not miss the people I have made such strong connections with. (But I also had that struggle this summer.) When I think about it though, I’m sure it wasn’t easy for Jesus to go into a place get to know someone and help them and then move on. I think if it didn’t affect us we would have a problem, but that is part of working in ministry, you go where God leads you, even if it’s hard.

One cool thing that we got to do today was go up to Pittsburgh and meet up with Ben and Eric from Youthworks and attend the last session of the Jubilee conference that they were working at with them. We are so lucky here in Monessen to have Pittsburgh so close and have some pretty cool opportunities. It was really cool to get to know Ben and Eric a little more and to be able to hang out with them. We went to Primanti Brothers for lunch and had some “real” Pittsburgh food.

He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.
- Luke 10:2

No comments:

Post a Comment