Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Another Big Move!

So, I haven't written in a while. I guess that's what happens when you don't have internet where you live...

Anyway, I am hoping to write a lot more now since I have internet and I have more free time!

I have recently moved from Pennsylvania to Tennessee! I felt the Lord calling me from my old job into a new part of life and since I am 24 and single, why not travel and move to new places while I can! I went from being a Program Assistant at the Salvation Army to being a nanny to 3 amazing kids. I love my new job and am excited for all it has to bring. The kids are 9, 7, and 4. The mom is also pregnant with her forth! Even after a week of being here I know this is exactly where I am suppose to be. I am getting to help this amazing Christian family raise their kids. I get to live with the family, so I am consumed by helping with homework, making meals, sword fighting, and much more fun kid stuff, as well as teaching them about our wonderful Creator.

My main goal is to love these kids and treat them like my own and make sure I instill in them the love for Jesus and teach them about His love for them. It's great to have a family that is wanting to continue to grow. We started a scripture a week with the kids and hopefully that will help them to put God's word in their heart so when things get tough, they know who truly loves them.

My passion for kids has only grown since I have been here and am very excited for this new journey in life and can't wait to see what God has in store for me while I am here. I pray I can do the best and serve this family and show them the love of Christ.

I am also excited to meet up with old friend that have moved down here and meet new friends. I am excited to have that community of believers around me again. I felt very isolated and alone at times in PA, so I am going to make it a priority to not let that happen here.

I am very excited for all that is to come! I pray I follow God through it all and be sensitive to his leadings!

No comments:

Post a Comment