Monday, August 23, 2010

Letting Life Pass Me By...

I was looking back at the last few months since I have been here and I have realized that I have not really been living life to the fullest. I have just been going through the motions of my day to day tasks. I do love my job and the people I work with, but since I work so much I find it hard to go out and find Christian friends that I can live life and be open with struggles that I am having.

I have also realized I am really good at putting on the facade of looking like I have it all together. But underneath I am screaming for help, I have so many questions and problems. I keep suppressing them so no one will think that I am not good enough.

A few years ago I attended a winter retreat where we talked a lot about exploring your sins and learning to expose them, get help, and grow from that. That was such a life changing weekend for me. But as I look at my life since them I have realized that I have reverted back to hiding everything that I am struggling with to make it look like I don't have any problems.

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." - James 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment