Saturday, July 11, 2009

Who would have guessed!

I just had my first week in Birmingham and it was great! The staff is awesome and I get along with them really well. I am so lucky to come to a staff that is so great, I couldn't be any luckier.

A funny thing happened this week. I was in the kitchen on Sunday making dinner for the groups coming and one of the things that happens when the kids arrive is that they get a tour of the building and go through the kitchen and the first group comes through and I am busy working on dinner and here, "Oh my goodness, its Brenna." I was a little confused as to why they were so excited to see me, they didn't know me (or so I thought). I look up and it's a group that was at my site last summer in Osage! It was so great to see them again. God works in mysterious ways. He totally knew I was a little nervous to start at a whole new site, not knowing the building very well yet, or even the town and that I could use a something that is familiar and he did. It was such a blessing to be able to reconnect with these kids.

All in all the first week here was great and I am excited for what God has for me here, as long as I am here. God is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment