Saturday, June 20, 2009

Crazy Awesome week here in Philly

So we just had our first week as just the Philly staff and I would have to say it was one of the best Youthworks! weeks I have had. When they first came I was really nervous that I wouldn't be able to handle their crazy energy and wasn't sure I would get along with them. But as soon as I thought that God laughed at me and taught me more than the kdis will ever know in the short week I was with them. God works in such great ways.

It felt like it was just Sunday and being in the staff meeting worried and then in a blink of an eye it was Friday and we were saying goodbye to some great friends we had just made. I really think that what I learned from Greaterworks really applies to each week that I have here with Youthworks and that is if at the end of the week we haven't given our all and it doesn't hurt that they are leaving, we haven't given enough. That is exactly what Jesus did when he went into cities. I am sure it wasn't easy for him to go from place to place and not get attached to some of the people, but he didn't hold back he still gave his all.

I hope that every Thursday night and Friday morning I hurt because the group is leaving, I want to give my all, wherever I am and whatever I am doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment