Saturday, August 8, 2009

Heading Home

Wow...where has this summer gone? I cannot believe I will be home on Tuesday. I feel like I was just packing to go to Philadelphia wondering what this crazy summer would look like and not even be able to phathom all that could happen...and I was right.

God has blessed me so much with traveling to different sites and being able to help them out. He has also given me some great friends that I will never forget, each site unique and great! I feel like I was given the best job of the summer, I got to travel, be an extra help and bless people with that, and still serve youth in the same context at each place. I couldn't have asked for a better position.

God challenged me with things that could have come up, but knew that I could do if I trusted in Him. This will be a summer I will never forget, from Philadelphia and the amazing city it is, to Birmingham and all of the history there, to finally New Orleans where I got to see some great southern hospitality and still help out with Hurricane Katrina and see how the people who live here truly love where they live.

I wouldn't trade this summer for anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment