Saturday, March 21, 2009

Pulled from Reality

It has been a crazy three weeks for me. As my time here is dwindling I spent the last three weeks kind of detached from my regular schedule as I focused on the two Spring Break groups that were here and then this past week I was up in Kennedy Township, near Pittsburgh helping Adam getting the Youthworks ready for this summer. It was a great three weeks, but still sad that I couldn’t do my regular schedule, I miss seeing everyone that I normally get to see on a weekly basis.

The Spring Break groups were great; I talked about the first week and the second one was amazing too. The group was from Central Michigan University, where I went to school. It was so god to know some of the people and reconnect. It was also great to be able to talk to them about things on campus.

Then last week was great as well. Helping Adam gave me much more respect for Youthworks vehicles and for that matter all vehicles in general. Adam is also a great teacher when it comes to cars and life. We got a chance to talk about a lot of topics from cars to belief to life lessons and stories. He also taught us so much about cars, we changed oil; replace shocks, breaks, and even a truck bed! It was great being able to help him out for the week, but also such an informational week.

Even though these three weeks were great, I really felt pulled from reality and I am really excited to get back into the swing of things starting Monday. Its crazy that I only have a month and a week here. I hope to make the best of the rest of the time I have here!

No comments:

Post a Comment